Before and After: CHARLOTTE’S BEDROOM
Technically it’s not finished because it still needs a rug but I suspect no room will ever feel finished so here are some before and afters. Charlotte was upgraded to a “big girl” bedroom so that her furniture could be moved into Alex’s bedroom. I really wanted a bedroom that wasn’t too girly or childish. And after the pepto-pink paint we had in her NYC bedroom I found myself avoiding that color entirely. I’d also love to get some of the dolls and teddies out of here for a cleaner look but I have to make some concessions for my 2 year old who loves to have her ‘friends’ nearby!
I can’t decide what I like more - the beach towel curtains or the rug pad with no rug!
I tried to be as detailed as possible. I did so much research and got lots of inspiration online and it drove me mad when I found something I liked and there was no link or explanation of where it was from.
- Malm bed - full size in white
- The bedding is all from Ikea but it’s not on their website
- Malm nightstand in white with the glass top (don’t laugh but it seriously looks way fancier with the glass top!)
- Klabb table lamp in purple
- Malm 6 drawer dresser in purple (they don’t seem to have this color option online) with glass top
- Santa and Cole Tripode G5 lamp
- Faux Eames rocking chair
- Dwell Studio pillow (similar here)
- Rainbow Zebra canvas wall art 24 x 18 (sidenote: I searched high and low for childrens artwork and Oopsy Daisy has the best stuff. )
- Elephant and Red Bird canvas wall art 24 x 18
- Too Tall Giraffe canvas wall art 18 x 36
- Owl wall art
- The Vespa print was a gift but I believe it came from 20x200
- The mirror was bought by John before we met from a store in the city. It used to hang in our bedroom in the city.
- The blinds are wooden slats from Just Blinds
- Ben Moore soft fern on the walls
Before and After: KITCHEN
The first before and after! A whole 4 months after we moved in.
The kitchen is not exactly our style. It’s a bit traditional for my liking. I would love to switch out the cabinetry handles and put in a steel hood above the stove but it rates very low on the never ending priority list.
So in other words we really didn’t do anything to the kitchen other than paint it. But I do think the charcoal paint made a huge difference to the overall look.